Nombre total de pages vues

mardi 22 septembre 2009

Guest Editorship

Today Antiboiseries is being guest-edited by me, Arthur Usher, as the usual blogger is swanning around in sunny Kennington town, wheeling me around in my pram, which he still doesn't drive that well. I have shown him all the local sights, including the supermarket, the city farm, the swing park and - last but not least - the back garden, where I have been trying to explain the theory of bipedal locomotion to quizzical onlookers. Once I had a sufficient audience, I showed them it was easy in practice, too.

There was a price to pay, though, as Taid insisted on making me cawl cennin* for today's lunch, and I was obliged to polish off a whole bowlful, leaving him with none for his own ethnic cravings (the real reason he had made it in the first place).

After this luncheon, I explained the finer points of Duplo deconstruction, knocking spots off mere Derridean rivals, before playing a few show-off arpeggios on Mummy's guitar.

*translated from the normal blogger's barbarous middle-high Taidish, this comes out in English as plain leek soup. I made him alter the recipe to include a nourishing spoonful of creme fraiche, as Nana is French.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire