Nombre total de pages vues

dimanche 25 mars 2012

Update and small triumph


Some weeks of silence on the blog. Not a cause for preoccupation, rather I have been busy, alongside the other Copains des Pointus, brandishing screwdriver, hammer and paintbrush, readying the Caribe for its summer sorties. The work is hard, but it's good fun, because the conversation is lively and I am learning a lot about woodworking.

The lifeboat front has been fairly quiet. Not much in the way of shouts, and quite a bit of ordinary housekeeping, including counting the grubby coins from the collecting boxes (think two kilos of tiddlers, and imagine how long it takes to calculate its very modest value). Still, it is in a good cause.

The treatment at Mougins is more than half way through. I'm beginning to have the side-effects they warned me about, but altogether it is pretty bearable. I'm looking forward to not having to do the daily drive, when it is all over.

A small triumph over the weekend. I have been hand-feeding a male turtle-dove, who greedily zaps my palm in search of grains of rice. Meanwhile, his missus, much thinner, just sat and watched enviously, a metre away. Well, Saturday morning, before lifeboat practice, missus waddled up shyly and began to peck at my hand alongside her mate. I now have the two of them feeding - a blur of heads bobbing up and down. The rice levels go down fantastically fast, but it is really cute to watch. Photo courtesy of the BH.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire