Nombre total de pages vues

dimanche 25 avril 2010

Bain de mer

First it was cold and then it was hot. Not a puerile inversion of James Joyce but rather a truthful description of the initial freeze followed by burning sensation caused by my first sea swim of the year. The air was balmy, the sea was a beautiful blue, and everything conspired to invite me into the water.

Especially other bathers who 'tested the waters' only to renounce baptism. I just had to prove that I was made of sterner stuff. So, after a brief scan of the waters to determine the jellyfish quotient (none visible), I did a shallow dive in, swam about thirty metres out, did a brief lateral swim, then headed for the shore. By that time, sensations were a thing of the past and it was time to get out before losing muscle power.

Still, it felt good to have started the season so early: last year was a lot later (see my blog of 29th May 2009).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire